SEISMIC® Grade 500E Bar and Coil Overview
High tensile, high ductility, plain carbon (micro-alloyed) steel for the reinforcing of concrete, available as plain and deformed bars/coils. This steel meets the demanding requirements of the seismic structural design methods employed in New Zealand, as required by local standard AS/NZS 4671. This reinforcing derives its superior strength and ductility by micro-alloying the steel with small vanadium additions.
SEISMIC® Grade 500E MA steel is readily:
- Weldable (refer AS/NZS 1554.3)
- Identifiable by registered barmarks
- Hot or cold bent (for procedures refer to NZS 3109)
- Can be threaded and galvanised
- Can be hot re-bent (for procedures refer to NZS 3109).
Test certificates are available for every production batch of this product from Pacific Steel.